Publicly Speaking

Bettering the speaking skills of professionals in Asia.

About this blog

Observations, tips and commentary on public speaking I do, observe, judge and critique. Public speaking needn't be feared. And it can't be avoided. So, let's get on with developing a skill we all have and start speaking successfully.

Coaching

Keen to develop as a speaker? Have an important presentation looming? Contact me for executive speech coaching.

Pages

Eureka! - Powerpoint's Presenter view

I like Powerpoint. I do.

I don't like the way most people use it but I like to use it.

Last week, I discovered a "new" feature and now I like it even more.

Preparing to deliver a seminar to about 120 people, I was fumbling with notes for all of my 97 slides. I was complaining that Powerpoint lacked an essential feature - the ability to see your notes on the laptop screen while the audience sees only the slide.

Duh! Silly me didn't realise that in fact, at some point between the last time I was complaining about PP and this time, the nice folks at MS introduced this feature. It's called 'Presenter View' and it's dead simple.

Even MS's Help page is simple and easy to understand.

Use it. Try it. I hope you like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment